Monday, April 27, 2009

A Little Break

Last week we went to Big Cedar in the Ozarks for a little break. No computer work at all. OK I did sneak a quick look at e-mail but that is it. I did take lots of pictures and will get them posted on my flickr stream this week. Since I just had my macro lens took lots of flower pictures. Here are a few shots:

Xylocopa virginica male

This is a male carpenter bee, Xylocopa virginica. This is a macro uncropped so you can see maybe just how close he was to my lens!

Dogwood blooms

We timed this vacation to coincide with the Dogwood bloom. Maybe we were a week late for the best viewing but the trees were still quite nice!

Ornamental Cabbage

Most people might think I took this shot for the bee. Actually, no. I had never seen ornamental cabbage when it bolts, or at least had never paid attention to it. But the yellow blossoms against the purple stems are quite striking making me reassess my dislike of ornamental cabbage.

Today I had meetings at school and spent sometime designing a chromosome activity. More on that later this week.

No comments: