Friday, April 3, 2009

The Cami Lab is up!















The Caminalcules
(camis for short) have been safely installed in a Mendelian Genetics lab module called the Cami Lab. I use my note card configurable camis to illustrate dominance relations, monohybrid crosses, and dihybrid crosses. The evolution module will be directly underneath.

I have had to readjust my land and merge several parcels to give me some prim breathing room. Feel free to come and visit Cami Lab currently at:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Carmine/128/144/136

As part of this, I rescripted my simple viewer to use Erich Bremer's double buffering script which makes loading much faster. My essentially new viewer uses LSL's way cool llDetectedTouchST function. This function detects where on a prim's surface you are touching and returns that as the x and y terms of a vector.

You can then access, these to do things like change a slide or teleport. What is really cool is that the coordinates are normalized to the size of the prim so they are presented as a float between 0.0 and 1.0, so if you stretch, say a viewer, the detected function still works properly.

No comments: